Welcome to the University of the Pacific International blog!
Want to be the next Larry Groupe, a two-time Emmy Award winning composer? Or follow in the footsteps of Jose Hernandez, the flight engineer aboard the Space Shuttle Discovery in 2009?
For these alumni and many others, the University of the Pacific was their leap to greatness and it can be the same for you. What better place to study internationally in the United States than the beautiful and warm state of California?
Studying in the United States is a big decision and will lead to a lot of change in your life. This blog will provide you with helpful, engaging, and fun information each week to ease your adjustment in the U.S. Check back soon to learn more about:
- Good conversation starters for international students
- Tips on adjusting to U.S. academic culture
- Tips for overcoming culture shock
Start exploring the University of the Pacific to learn about the accelerator programs for international students, degree programs, student life in sunny California, and more
If you’re thinking about studying at the University of the Pacific, here are 5 fun facts you should know!
- You have a choice of 80 different degrees of study at Pacific allowing you to pursue the subjects that you are passionate about
- Students from all over the world come to study at the University of the Pacific, a 9th ranked
national university campus for ethnic diversity.
- Pacific is student-focused with an average class size of 18 and a 13:1 student-faculty ratio providing each student with more individual attention and customized support
- Pacific is California’s first university and was founded in 1851
- Pacific’s location is prime, located a 90-minute drive from San Francisco and a close distance to Lake Tahoe and Yosemite National Park, making it a great place to adventure. Want to learn more? Subscribe to this blog to get the latest updates right in your inbox. All we need from you us is your email address on the right side of this page!
You can also check out some important links right now:
- Learn more about the University of the Pacific
- How to apply to the University of the Pacific
- Learn more about the Undergraduate Accelerator programs offered
Have any topics you are interested in that you would like to see on the University of the Pacific blog? Leave your suggestions in the comment section below!