Student Resources

Center for Academic Success
Clubs & Organizations
Health & COVID-19
Housing & Dining
Job & Career Support
Scholarships & Finances
Travel + Immigration


Stockton Campus Undergraduate and Graduate Student Orientation Schedule
Additional Resources


Where can I find more information on arriving?
Please visit for step-by-step information on arriving and preparing for orientation.
Where can I access the detailed orientation schedule?
Students can access the detailed orientation schedule on Canvas, Pacific’s Learning Management Platform. Students will receive an invite to this Canvas page in their Pacific email.
How do I access Canvas?
Check page 2 of your offer letter for detailed instructions on accessing your Pacific email, Canvas, and more.
What if I arrive late or miss orientation?
Orientation is an important and mandatory part of your preparation to attend Pacific. Missing even one day could result in you missing important information about your classes and may result in a delay in your registration. If you know in advance you will arrive late, please let us know as soon as possible so we can make a plan for your arrival. Contact
When do I get my class schedule?
You will get your class schedule during orientation, at the Registration session, after you have completed all placement tests and made all necessary payments.
How do I see my class schedule?
You can view your class schedule online on Inside Pacific. Detailed instructions on how to locate your schedule on Inside Pacific are available on the UOP Canvas page.
If I have trouble setting up my Pacific accounts, what do I do?
To start, carefully follow the instructions on page 2 of your offer letter to set up your Pacific accounts (your email, Inside Pacific, Canvas, and Teams). If you have trouble with your Pacific NetID, Pacific password or please contact the ITE Helpdesk for your campus. For Stockton, email For San Francisco, email
Day One

August 19th, 2023
Campus Move-In, 8AM to 8PM

Day Two

August 21st, 2023

Day Three

August 22nd, 2023



Academic Calendar
Academic Advising
Course and Exam Registration
Tutoring and Academic Support
Making an Advising Appointment


How do I calculate my GPA?
GPA calculators are very useful tools! To calculate your GPA, you can use any online GPA calculator. Go online, search “GPA Calculator”.
Where do I buy textbooks?
First, check with your professor and/or the course syllabus for details on textbook requirements for each course. Required textbooks will be available for purchase in the university bookstore ( or online at a vendor of your choice.
Can I take summer off?

Please email to consult with a UOPI Academics team member.

Visit Pacific’s website for the complete Academic Calendar:
Summer 2024
Application Deadline April 14, 2024
I-20 Transfer Deadline April 14, 2024
Payment Deadline April 24, 2024
Arrival & Mandatory Check-in Date May 8, 2024

Academic advising helps you to plan your studies and to make decisions about which courses to take when.
Academic advising is conducted by the UOPI Academic Team and Faculty Advisors in your major.

You will have your first academic advising meeting during orientation.

Additionally, the UOPI Academic Team will meet with you regularly during your program to keep you informed about about program completion requirements, to connect you to Pacific services, and to support you with longterm planning for your studies.

Academic Advising Questions? Please contact

Students should complete all placement tests prior to to the start of orientation. For additional testing information, please visit:
When placement testing is complete, the UOPI Academic Team can prepare for your registration. Registration is completed during orientation.

For English language tutoring, enrolled UOPI students may visit the Tutoring Module on the UOPI Canvas page.

For support with writing and research assignments or peer tutoring in any Pacific course, such as Biology, Math, Economics and so on, please visit: https://

Academic Advising Questions? Please contact


Health & COVID-19

COVID-19 Information
Health Services


Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine?
Yes. All Pacific students, at all Pacific campuses, are required to have a COVID-19 vaccination. For the most up-to-date information on vaccine requirements, please visit:
Visit for the most up-to-date information about COVID-19 on campus.

Individuals with F-1 student visa status are required to show proof of COVID vaccination in order to enter the US. Vaccinations must align with the US’s approved list of COVID-19 vaccines. Only two exceptions apply:

  1. Student is from a country with limited COVID-19 vaccine availability (see list here ).
  2. Student is under 18 at the time of travel.

Effective December 06, 2021 – all international travelers (regardless of vaccination status) must show results of a negative coronavirus test taken one day prior to their flight’s departure from a foreign country traveling to the United States.

If neither vaccine exceptions apply to you and you remain unvaccinated, you may not be able to enter the US on the date of your scheduled travel.

For those passengers traveling under one of the above exceptions they must complete and present the Combined Covered Attestation Form to the airline at the time of departure. Passengers must be prepared to answer questions regarding Section 4 of the form and should have a clear understanding of their school’s COVID policies.

Student Health Services provides comprehensive healthcare as well as counseling and psychological services to Pacific students on all three campuses.
For more detail please visit:


New Student Check-in
Tax Responsibilities
Discounted Flights with Student Universe


Do I need a COVID-19 vaccine?
Yes. All Pacific students, at all Pacific campuses, are required to have a COVID-19 vaccination. For the most up-to-date information on vaccine requirements, please visit:
During your stay in the U.S. in F-1 status, you are subject to many complex immigration law and regulations that relate to your legal status here. Advisors at International Programs and Services (IPS) are available to assist you and answer your questions about your immigration status, but it is your responsibility to know and abide by the law in order to maintain valid legal status. It is to your benefit to make sure to maintain legal status throughout the duration of your stay in the U.S.

For immigration advising and policy guidance, please contact IPS:

International students are required to submit proof of sufficient funds to cover educational expenses in the U.S. in order to obtain a SEVS I-20. Having obtained an I-20, signing it and either entering the U.S. or filing a change of status to F-1 you agree to have funds available for the duration of your studies. It is important, therefore, that you responsibly plan and manage your finances.

During your orientation, you will attend a session on immigration. During this session, you will be advised of all
January 1 through April 15 is “Tax Season” in the United States. During this period, U.S. citizens, permanent residents and many non-immigrants must file income tax returns and other tax forms.

All international students, scholars and their dependents (F-1, F-2, J-1 and J-2 who have been in the United States the previous calendar year) who are non-residents for tax purposes MUST file tax Form 8843 regardless of whether they worked or not.

For more information, review the info provided by the IPS Website:

Remember! UOPI and IPS advisors are NOT experts in income taxes and thus, cannot advise or assist you in filing your returns. The information on this webpage is provided as a service to enrolled international students. The information does not constitute tax advice and staff cannot assist with the preparation or completion of individual tax return forms.

Student Universe

Discounted Flights

Use Student Universe for discounted international flights as well as flights within the US on trips with your friends!! Get the best deals when you need them and benefit from 24-hour risk-free cancellation.


Job & Career Support

Virtual Internships + Professional Certificates
Working as an International Student
On-campus Employment
Job and Career Support

Frequently Asked Questions

How can I get a Social Security Number (SSN)?

You may apply for a social security number ONLY if you have been offered a job on-campus or if you have been granted practical training (CPT or OPT) employment authorization (keep in mind that practical training options are generally not available to new students). An SSN will be given to you for employment purposes only, NOT for purposes such as applying for credit cards, renting an apartment, etc.

If you do have a job offer and need an SSN, you must apply for a social security number through your local Social Security Administration (SSA) office. If the SSN is for an on-campus job you must first bring your offer letter to ISSS because an ISSS advisor must sign off on the letter from your hiring department. For the SSA location nearest you, please visit the Office of Social Security and type in your zip code. You may also call 1-800-772-1213 or visit International Students and Social Security. You may download the social security application (Form SS-5) online.

Can I work full-time on campus?
The total hours of your employment on campus cannot exceed a maximum of 20 hours per week when you are in classes and 30 hours per week during breaks.
How do I schedule an appointment with a career advisor?

Contact Career Services for an appointment at

On-campus employment refers to any employment that is paid by Pacific with the physical work site located on the campus the F-1 student is authorized to attend or for a company that holds a contract with Pacific to offer services directly to Pacific students on the Pacific campus the F-1 student is authorized to attend. F-1 students should meet with the International Student Advisor before beginning any work with a non-Pacific company to verify whether the position will be considered on-campus.

F-1 students can work up to 20 hours per week during the fall and spring semesters. During the summer semester and other university breaks, F-1 students can work up to 40 hours per week provided they will enroll in the upcoming fall semester.

F-1 students who are employed need a Social Security Number (SSN). Once a student receives a job offer, the student should request an Social Security Letter (and attach a copy of the job offer letter) from IPS. Once the student has all necessary documents, the student must go to the Social Security Administration office.

The Career Accelerator program—an exclusive service for students enrolled in UOP International–helps you develop your professional skills, get an internship, and launch your career. With opportunities in one of the most vibrant U.S. cities at your fingertips, your career path starts here. For more information, please contact Brittany Chill at

Students and alumni can use Handshake to find full-time, part-time, internship, co-op, and on-campus job opportunities. On Handshake, you can schedule advising appointments, connect with employers, register for events, and more! Visit to explore job openings.

Virtual Internships + Professional Certificates

Master the in-demand skills global employers seek that you won’t learn in the classroom. Boost your portfolio — and save money — with certifications and projects that demonstrate your new qualifications and make you a competitive candidate in today’s job market.
Enroll today for an incredible value: Many bootcamps and courses can range up to $14,000 per course* — but with UOP International you can upskill in as many available courses as you like during your studies, all included in your enrollment fee!

Professional Certificates

Designed for computer science, engineering, and business students, each certificate program was inspired by elite university preparatory programs tailored for growing careers. Student internship projects have included software development, website design, virtual reality, digital content creation, project management, AI, and more at leading employers.

Certification 1 : Design Thinking – develop effective approaches to problem-solving
Designed for business/MBA, computer science, data science, engineering, information systems, and marketing majors

Certification 2 : Social Entrepreneurship** – foster widespread positive change
Designed for business/MBA, engineering, entrepreneurship, finance, and marketing majors

Certification 3 : Global Citizenship** – thrive in diverse environments
Designed for business/MBA, computer science, engineering, finance, and international business majors

Completed internships include

Halcyon IQ
Local Grown Salads
Personal Banker
Digital marketing strategy
Social media marketing
Diagnostics AI/machine learning
Website design
AWS – LGS ecosystem system design
Technology software development API
Digital content creation

Credentials + certification prep offered include

Business Students
Computer Science Students
Engineering Students
Credentials + Certification Preparation
  • Agile
  • Scrum
  • PMP
  • Java, Python, PHP, C++ , Ruby
  • AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure
  • DP-203 Microsoft Exam dp-203
  • Site Reliability Engineering
  • Security Operations
  • Reverse, Social, Chaos and Network Engineering
  • Consulting
  • Project Management
  • Marketing
  • Software Developer
  • UX Designer
  • Mobile App Developer
  • Information Security Analyst
  • Systems Architect
  • Video Game Developer
  • AI Engineer
  • Engineering Manager
  • Product Engineer
  • Data Engineering
  • Mechanical Engineer
  • Civil Engineer

*Stanford Executive Education Design Thinking Bootcamp

**Endorsed by the University of Peace – UN Charter


Scholarships & Finances

Loans for International Students


How do I pay my tuition and fees?
Students need to pay all tuition and fees in a timely manner to avoid late fees, potential loss of scholarships, and delays in registering for classes. Click here for instructions:
UOP International students are eligible for merit based academic excellence scholarships during their academic program and their degree duration.  Scholarships are selective and require GPA maintenance and full-time enrollment status.  Additional information about scholarships outside of UOP International can be found here:
Please refer to your Enrollment Agreement which outlines refund policies addressing visa denial, program cancellation, and early withdrawal.

Embarking on your educational journey in the United States shouldn’t come with the roadblock of finding a co-signer for financial aid. Shorelight recognizes this hurdle and has proactively partnered with premier financing organizations such as Fly Finance, MPower Financing, and Prodigy Finance. This strategic collaboration eliminates the traditional barriers international students face, such as the need for a co-signer, collateral, or an established US credit history, streamlining your path to securing educational funding.

Find the right loan organization for you on



Completion Guide
To move from the UOP International Program to University of the Pacific, you must meet the following requirements according to your program of study:


  1. EAP Program
    EAP students must pass both UOPI English language courses in EAP Term 1 and EAP Term 2 with 73%. If a student receives less than 73% in a UOPI English language course, they may repeat it once. If students do not pass both English language courses, they may have to repeat both. A second failure of an English language course will result in dismissal from the accelerator program/UOP.Students must earn a cumulative GPA = 2.0 for Pacific courses and for UOPI courses (separately, not a combined GPA) to successfully complete the program and progress to full Pacific student status. Students in the Schoole of Engineering and Computer Science must earn a minimum GPA of 2.5 in their Pacific courses to enter their programs.
  2. AAP Program
    AAP students must pass both UOPI English language courses in AAP Term 1 with minimum 73%. If a student receives less than 73% in a UOPI English language course, they may repeat it once. If you repeat a course, it means you finish the AAP program with fewer Pacific units. A second failure of an English language course will result in dismissal from the accelerator program/UOP. Students must earn a cumulative GPA = 2.0 for Pacific courses and for UOPI courses (separately, not a combined GPA) to successfully complete the program and progress to full Pacific student status. Students in the Schoole of Engineering and Computer Science must earn a minimum GPA of 2.5 in their Pacific courses to enter their programs.
  3. ID Program
    ID students must earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 to stay in good standing with University of the Pacific and continue their program of study. An ID student with a GPA less than 2.0 may be subject to probation or disqualification by the university.
  4. AMAP
    AMAP students must earn a minimum GPA of 3.0 to progress to direct graduate studies.
  5. Graduate Pre-Sessional English to Accelerator Programs
    Graduate students in the Pre-Sessional English programs (full-time English study) must earn a minimum GPA of 3.0 to progress into the MAP, AMAP or Graduate Direct programs.

Housing & Dining

Parking Information
On-Campus Housing – Stockton Campus
Spark Guide

Housing Options – San Francisco Campus
There is no on-campus housing in San Francisco. However, UOPI does refer students to Kapi, a provider of furnished housing in the Bay Area:
For additional detail on off-campus housing, please also visit:

Parking on all three campuses of the university is by permit only. Campus public safety officers enforce traffic and parking permit regulations on each campus and patrol campus parking on a regular basis. Each campus has somewhat different parking arrangements and policies.
For more detail about visitor parking or campus parking permits, please visit:

Clubs + Organizations

University of the Pacific Activities, Clubs and Organizations
There’s no shortage of ways to get involved, connect and have fun at Pacific. Whether you’re interested in giving back to the community, pursuing a passion or simply meeting people with similar interests, it’s easy to find exciting activities and events around campus.
For more detail, please visit:

Center for Academic Success

A website with access to virtual tutors, career advisors, and online resources to help you throughout your university studies

Do you need to improve your academic skills or study habits? Do you need help preparing for an exam or presentation? Are you confused about CPT/OPT or don’t even know what career field is best for you? Shorelight’s Center for Academic Success has friendly online academic skills and subject area tutors along with expert career advisors to help you with these questions and many more!

Maybe you would also enjoy completing a short eLearning workshop at your own pace? Those are available, too, on topics ranging from Academic Integrity to How to Make American Friends—and everything in between! If you’re short on time, try one of the live or recorded webinars.

Give your learning journey the support you need by signing up for a free account today! Here’s how:

1. Click here or scan the QR code to find our Home page.

2. Click the orange “Sign up now” button to request access.

3. On the sign up form, type your given name and family name as you are registered at your university.

4. Type any email address (personal or university, etc.). You will need to access your email to verify your address.

5. Create a password with at least one special character and 6-50 characters total.

6. Type your password again. Write it down or save it in your browser.

7. Type the full name of your university, not just the abbreviation. Your status must be checked.

8. Check the box to accept the Terms & Conditions (feel free to read those first).

9. Optional: Sign up for our newsletter by checking the last box.

10. Click the large orange button that says, “Start your learning journey.”

11. You’ll be asked to verify your email address next. In your inbox, you’ll see two emails from us. Open them and click the link to verify your email address. Check your spam folder if you don’t see the two emails.

12. You’ll receive an email within two business days to let you know that your account is approved (or if not, how to fix the problem).

13. Return to the Home page linked above (or in the email) to log in when your account access has been approved.

If you encounter any technical trouble, just use the Live Chat button at the bottom of our Home page.

Important Dates

For important dates, including payment and move-in dates, please visit our Shorelight profile page.