Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Chau Luu (Vietnam)
+84 962 442 193
Whatsapp: +84 962 442 193
Skype: live:chau.luuquynhEmail Chau Luu
At University of the Pacific’s Stockton campus, there are many different on-campus options for undergraduate and graduate students. These convenient on-campus housing come with all utilities included.
As a graduate student at Pacific’s San Francisco campus, you may live wherever you choose. For more information visit: https://dental.pacific.edu/student-life/housing-dining/residential-life-and-housing/san-francisco-housing
Visit UOP’s profile page on Shorelight.com for details about housing options for students who are enrolling in UOP International.
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
- Letter of Acceptance
- SEVIS I-901 Fee Receipt
- Academic transcripts, sealed in an envelope and certified
- Academic certificates
- English proficiency test scores
- Bank Statement
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your enrollment advisor of the date and embassy location of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket to your new city, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before your official move-in day.
For the Stockton campuses:
The Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is highly recommended as our primary airport for your arrival. The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) can used as a back-up if necessary.
For the San Francisco campus:
The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is highly recommended as our primary airport for your arrival.
Once you book your flights, you must fill out the student arrival form. If your family is joining you, you must also complete the family arrival form.
To help avoid delays with enrollment, make your tuition and fees payment in full two weeks before you arrive.
When you begin, have your acceptance letter in front of you, as you will need to refer to the information in the letter.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit UOP’s Flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you can NOT use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
- Paysimple via ACH or Credit Card: Please use UOP’s Paysimple portal for U.S. bank account or credit card payments.
Set up your Pacific Tools Before Orientation Begins!
The second page of your final offer letter includes step-by-step instructions on how to set up your Pacific email and log into our learning management system.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you did not receive this information.
- Log into InsidePacific, our learning management system
- Set up your Pacific email, Pacific’s official communication tool
- Download Microsoft Teams – a convenient call/chat/collaborate tool to speak to us more frequently – on your mobile device or desktop
- Log into Canvas, where all your academic courses and information will be found
iTEP English Placement Test
(Undergraduate and Graduate Students)
As part of your pre-arrival checklist, you will take the iTEP Academic English placement test online before your orientation begins.
How do you take this test? You will take this test online, alone, at a time you choose before orientation starts. You will need an iTEP Test ID and iTEP Password to complete the test. These will be sent to your email after you have received your visa. Please check your email carefully for this message. The directions for the test are below. Read them very carefully..
When do you take this test? You can take this test online at a date and time of your choice before orientation starts. The test is secured and remotely proctored using a browser lockdown tool. Instructions on how to use this tool are below. Read them very carefully.
Why do I take this test? The results of this test help us confirm you have been placed in the appropriate program of study. It is required that all students complete this test, regardless of when their last English test was completed.
About the iTEP Academic test:
- The iTEP Academic test will be taken online at a time you choose. The test is remotely proctored by iTEP via a browser lockdown tool.
- The test takes about 90 minutes. It begins with a short tech check and introduction. Plan for approximately 2 hours.
- There are 5 parts: Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking and Grammar.
You cannot study for this test; it is meant to give us a picture of your academic English skills as they are right now.
- Get sleep and have some food before the test so that you can do your best.
- For more information, feel free to look at this site: https://www.itepexam.com/schedule-itep/prepare/
- You must be on computer/laptop with a web camera. The camera remains on during the entire test. Sorry, you cannot take the test on a tablet or phone.
- You must have an official photo ID (passport) with you. You show this ID to the camera at the start of the test.
- You must be able to take the test in quiet, private room with reliable internet access. We recommend you use a headset with microphone for best listening and speaking results.
- You cannot leave the test for any reason. No bathroom breaks allowed. Please plan ahead.
- You cannot use any outside resources during the test (no phone, no dictionary/translator tools, no internet research, etc.).
iTEP Test Directions:
Students in China, please read the intro letter and quick setup guide carefully before beginning:
Students in all other locations (outside China), please read the intro letter and quick setup guide carefully beginning:
(Undergraduate Students Only)
All incoming undergraduate students are required to take a math placement exam before orientation.
How do you take this test? The math placement exam is located inside the Canvas app, which is where you will access your course materials. You will log in with your PacificNetID and password.
When do I take this test? The math placement test can be completed by yourself, online at a time of your choice before orientation starts. You don’t need to schedule a time but you must complete it before orientation starts.
Why do I take this test? The results of this test allow the university to place you in the appropriate math course for your level and major.
- Print the form and gather your immunization records (speak to your family, they often know where they are!)
- Take the form to a medical professional to review and fill out
- If you are missing any immunizations, get them done in your home country before you arrive
- Ensure that your records are either in English or include an official translation in English
In addition to the above form, all students are required to be immunized against COVID-19 vaccination to study at Pacific
- Any WHO approved vaccination will satisfy this requirement
- Ensure that your COVID-19 vaccination record is in English or includes an official translation in English
- If you are unable to secure a COVID-19 vaccine prior to arrival, you will be scheduled to receive the vaccine upon arrival to Pacific
- Please review Pacific’s COVID-19 student updates for the most up-to-date information
Email firstname.lastname@example.org with the following items:
Photo for your Student ID
- Be sure your photo is in color, has no hats or head coverings, is looking directly at the face and is submitted in .jpg format
- Include your Name and University of the Pacific ID number in your email
- This form tells the university if you give permission for them to release information should an agency, parent or sponsor request it
- If you give permission to release the information, fill out the detail requested and sign the form at the bottom.
- If you do not give permission to release information, leave the top portion of the form blank and sign the form at the bottom.
- Please read the form and then sign and date it.
Here is what to expect on arrival day!
Customs and border protection
You must pass through Customs and Border Protection upon arrival in the United States. If you are held up at Customs and Border Protection for any reason upon your arrival, please be sure to give the officer your Customs Letter and G-28 Document that shows support available. If you are also able to call, please contact UOP International.
If you have submitted an arrival form, you will have received an automated text to your mobile phone from a ride share company for pick up. Simply connect to airport wifi and call for your ride once you have collected your luggage. Be sure to follow the instructions to find the rideshare location to pick up your ride. Use teams or pronto to contact a member of UOP International if you have any challenges or any changes to your arrival plans.
Please review the below pre-arrival videos into San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Sacramento International Airport (SMF) to view how to use your Uber from UOP International!
San Francisco International Airport (SFO)
Where to go
Once you arrive on campus, you will be checked-in and escorted to your residence.
Check-in details and the orientation schedule will be included in your Canvas page and provided prior to arrival.
If you arrive before your move-in day, you will need to arrange accommodations at a local hotel. Consider staying at one of the following local hotels until the official move-in date. Please note that you will also need to arrange transportation from your hotel to your residence on move-in day.
Please report to the UOP International campus to check in on move-in day at the housing check-in address listed in your prearrival email.
Stockton Campus: Local Accommodations
If friends or family travel with you to campus, we recommend the following area hotels:
If friends or family travel with you to campus, we recommend the following area hotels:
There are many things to consider when preparing for university, let alone moving to a new country! To make your transition to the US easier, we’ve put together a list of everyday necessities.
We’ve partnered with campusSIMS to help connect you with mobile phone service. Get your US phone number in your home country and have service that’s ready to use as soon as you land. Click here to get your free SIM card.
campusSIMS helps international students get connected with mobile phone service in the US. Through campusSIMS’ exclusive partner Mint Mobile, students can sign up and get their US phone number while in their home country, and have mobile phone service ready to use as soon as they land.
Students can get low-cost, reliable mobile phone service starting at as low as $15 per month that includes:
- A free SIM card
- Unlimited talk and text
- High speed data
- Nationwide coverage on the fastest, most advanced network
For more information, visit campussims.com.