Before You Arrive
Congratulations, and welcome to UOP International!
Soon you’ll be on the exciting University of the Pacific campus in Stockton, California. Before you arrive, complete the steps below to avoid common issues or delays for international students.
If you have any questions, contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
Contact Your Advisor
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Saranya - (SE Asia exc. Vietnam)
Annie - South China
Jane - West China
Lisha - North China
Mark - East China
Hoang - (Vietnam)
What to Do Before You Arrive at
University of the Pacific
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-90 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your enrollment advisor of the date and embassy location of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket to your new city, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
Once you book your flight, visit UOPInternational.org/flight to enter your flight itinerary and confirm your free airport pickup. These important details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible. Your final destination will be Sacramento International Airport (SMF).
To help avoid delays with enrollment, make your tuition and fees payment in full two weeks before you arrive.
When you begin, have your acceptance letter in front of you, as you will need to refer to the information in the letter.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit UOP’s Flywire portal (location depends on your program) to complete the transfer process. Please note that you can NOT use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
Wire Transfer: Find the wire transfer information on your offer letter. When making the transaction, be sure to include the student’s name and birthday.
All University of the Pacific Academic Accelerator Program incoming students are required to submit all of the immigration documents prior to enrolling in classes.
You must complete the following items before being permitted to begin your classes at the University of the Pacific:
- Attend mandatory orientation at UOP International (date and time are listed in your acceptance letter from UOP International)
- Submit completed Immunization Form to UOP International (this must be completed, signed and stamped by your medical doctor)
- Submit proof of health insurance to UOP International
Bring the following documents to the UOP International orientation:
- Original and valid passport
- Original Form(s) I-20
- F-1 visa (stamped on your passport)/F-2 visa (for dependents)
- Copy of your Form I-94 (to print your Form I-94, please visit https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov)
Note: If you have not submitted original financial documents (no photocopies) before your I-20 was issued, you will be required to bring them with you when you attend the UOP International orientation.
Information on your I-20 paperwork and visa, what to pack and other tips for arrival on campus.
Learn more about the process for getting your F-1 visa and arriving in California.
Complete all steps before you get to Pacific so you can help avoid delays or issues.