Before You Arrive
Congratulations, and welcome to UOP International!
Soon you’ll be on the exciting University of the Pacific campus in Stockton, California. Before you arrive, complete the steps below to avoid common issues or delays for international students.
If you have any questions, contact us and we’ll be happy to help!
Contact Your Advisor
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Middle East/North Africa
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Valeria (Latin America)
Sanjukta (North America)
Alexis (North America)
Sofya (North America)
Maya (Middle East/North Africa)
Alsu (Middle East/North Africa)
Carol (North Asia excluding Korea)
Abbie (North Asia excluding Korea)
Doris (South China)
Saranya (Excluding Vietnam)
Viraja (South & West India)
Jane (West China)
Lisha (North China)
Mark (Central China)
Vicky (North China)
What to Do Before You Arrive at
University of the Pacific
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
- Letter of Acceptance
- SEVIS I-901 Fee Receipt
- Customers Letter and G-28 Document included in your acceptance packet
- Academic transcripts, sealed in an envelope and certified
- Academic certificates
- English proficiency test scores
- Bank Statement
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your enrollment advisor of the date and embassy location of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket to your new city, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before your official move-in day. The Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is highly recommended as our primary airport and San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is our secondary airport as a back-up if necessary.
For the Stockton campuses:
The Sacramento International Airport (SMF) is highly recommended as our primary airport for your arrival. The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) can used as a back-up if necessary.
For the San Francisco campus:
The San Francisco International Airport (SFO) is highly recommended as our primary airport for your arrival.
Once you book your flights, you must fill out the student arrival form. If your family is joining you, you must also complete the family arrival form.
For all undergraduate and graduate program move-in dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
Book your flights through StudentUniverse and benefit from exclusive discounts for students! Get the best deals when you need them and benefit from 24-hour risk-free cancellation.
StudentUniverse has exclusive deals to get you the lowest possible airfare. Use this page to search for the best deals: https://www.studentuniverse.com/travel-services/Shorelight/affiliate/flights
Book discounted flights here.
We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
To help avoid delays with enrollment, make your tuition and fees payment in full two weeks before you arrive.
When you begin, have your acceptance letter in front of you, as you will need to refer to the information in the letter.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit UOP’s Flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you can NOT use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
- Please be aware that if you do not pay your balance as indicated on your statement of fees by the payment deadline, the following may occur:
- Late payment fees may be charged.
- You may have your scholarship and/or waivers rescinded. In such cases, you will be responsible for the full cost of your program.
- You may encounter delays or other issues enrolling and registering for classes.
Set up your Pacific Tools Before Orientation Begins!
The second page of your final offer letter includes step-by-step instructions on how to set up your Pacific email and log into our learning management system.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you did not receive this information.
- Log into InsidePacific, our learning management system
- Set up your Pacific email, Pacific’s official communication tool
- Download Microsoft Teams – a convenient call/chat/collaborate tool to speak to us more frequently – on your mobile device or desktop
- Log into Canvas, where all your academic courses and information will be found
Complete Your Pre-arrival Testing
iTEP English Placement Test
iTEP for Pre-Sessional, EAP, AAP, MAP and AMAP students only. International Direct and Graduate Direct students do not take the iTEP.
As part of your pre-arrival checklist, you will take the iTEP Academic English placement test online before your orientation begins.
About the iTEP Academic test:
- The iTEP Academic test will be taken online at a time you choose. The test is remotely proctored by iTEP via a browser lockdown tool.
- The test takes about 90 minutes. It begins with a short tech check and introduction. Plan for approximately 2 hours.
- There are 5 parts: Reading, Writing, Listening, Speaking and Grammar.
- You cannot study for this test; it is meant to give us a picture of your academic English skills as they are right now.
- Get sleep and have some food before the test so that you can do your best.
- For more information, feel free to look at this site: https://www.itepexam.com/schedule-itep/prepare/
- You must be on computer/laptop with a web camera. The camera remains on during the entire test. Sorry, you cannot take the test on a tablet or phone.
iTEP Test Directions:
Students in China, please read the intro letter and quick setup guide carefully before beginning:
Students in all other locations (outside China), please read the intro letter and quick setup guide carefully beginning:
(Undergraduate Students Only)
All incoming undergraduate students are required to take a math placement exam before orientation.
How do you take this test? You will receive math test instructions by email from UOP International. Please check your email carefully for this message. You will log in with your PacificNetID and password. More detail on logging in can be found in the email.
When do I take this test? The math placement test can be completed by yourself, online at a time of your choice before orientation starts. You don’t need to schedule a time with UOP International but you must complete it before orientation starts..
Why do I take this test? The results of this test allow the university to place you in the appropriate math course for your level and major..
- You must bring the completed Health & Immunization checklist to campus when you arrive
- Print the form and gather your immunization records (speak to your family, they often know where they are!)
- Take the form to a medical professional to review and fill out
- If you are missing any immunizations, get them done in your home country before you arrive
- Ensure that your records are either in English or include an official translation in English
- In addition to the above form, all students are required to be immunized against COVID-19 vaccination to study at Pacific
- Any WHO approved vaccination will satisfy this requirement
- Ensure that your COVID-19 vaccination record is in English or includes an official translation in English
- If you are unable to secure a COVID-19 vaccine prior to arrival, you will be scheduled to receive the vaccine upon arrival to Pacific
- Please review Pacific’s COVID-19 student updates for the most up-to-date information
Email email@example.com with the following items:
Photo for your Student ID
- Be sure your photo is in color, has no hats or head coverings, is looking directly at the face and is submitted in .jpg format
- Include your Name and University of the Pacific ID number in your email
- This form tells the university if you give permission for them to release information should an agency, parent or sponsor request it
- If you give permission to release the information, fill out the detail requested and sign the form at the bottom.
- If you do not give permission to release information, leave the top portion of the form blank and sign the form at the bottom.
- Please read the form and then sign and date it.
Here is what to expect on arrival day!
CUSTOMS AND BORDER PROTECTION
You must pass through Customs and Border Protection upon arrival in the United States. If you are also able to call, please contact UOP International.
AIRPORT PICKUP San Francisco
Please review the below pre-arrival videos into San Francisco International Airport (SFO) and Sacramento International Airport (SMF) to view how to use your Uber from UOP International!
AIRPORT PICKUP Sacramento
If you have submitted an arrival form indicating you want airport pick up from Sacramento, you will receive a Teams link to your phone for your pick up by car. Simply connect to airport wifi and call for your ride once you have collected your luggage. Be sure to follow the instructions to find the rideshare location to pick up your ride. You must download Teams. Use Teams to contact a member of UOP International if you have any challenges or any changes to your arrival plans.
Please review the below pre-arrival video into Sacramento International Airport (SMF) to view how to use your Uber from Sacramento to UOP International!
WHERE TO GO
Stockton Campus: Local Accommodations
|Hilton Stockton||2323 Grand Canal Blvd.
Stockton, CA 95207
(2.3 miles from campus)
|Courtyard by Marriott||3252 West March Lane
Stockton, CA 95219
(3.3 miles from campus)
|Extended Stay by Marriott||2844 West March Lane
Stockton, CA 95219
(3.4 miles from campus)
San Francisco Campus: Local Accommodations
If friends or family travel with you to campus, we recommend the following area hotels:
|The Pickwick Hotel San Francisco||85 Fifth Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(0.1 miles from campus)
|888 Howard St
San Francisco, CA 94103
(0.4 miles from campus)
|780 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94103
(0.9 miles from campus)
Information on your I-20 paperwork and visa, what to pack and other tips for arrival on campus.
Learn more about the process for getting your F-1 visa and arriving in California.
Complete all steps before you get to Pacific so you can help avoid delays or issues.